Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 30: Crossing the Finish Line, but not done.

Today is the last day of my Whole30 journey, but just one of the first steps in a much bigger journey that I plan to continue walking.

I made it successfully, not one cheat, not one move outside of the rules of the Whole30 plan through the entire 30 days and I feel… AMAZING.

Not just physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. Mentally. I feel AMAZING in EVERY way!

The amount of self-discipline and control it took to go from who I was pre-Whole30 to what I did during and who I am now is an amount I did not know I had or was capable of.

Like I said at the beginning of this and I have tried to reiterate throughout, although I would like to take all the credit, I simply cannot. The truth is, God blessed my journey because the point of all this was to bless Him and get myself to a place where I was best equipped to handle anything he put in my path.

Even during my Whole30 I was stretched spiritually, brought outside of my comfort zone, but I did what I needed, what I was called to do and just like every discipline, it was a CHOICE to do what I knew I NEEDED to do. And I ended up blessed because of it.

I am excited to share all of my Whole30 “AFTER” findings with you, but I will be waiting until Monday to share my results because tomorrow is Easter, and it is most important to celebrate the gift of Eternal life that is mine because of what Jesus Christ CHOSE to do.  It is Christ in my life that inspired me and motivated me to start this journey in the first place, so like everything else, I owe this all to Him and I will take tomorrow to celebrate Him and all He has done for me in this journey and in my life on a whole.

Check-in again next week for my “After” post and to see what is next for me.

Until then, here is my menu for my 30th and final day of the Whole30:

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, left-over rutabaga, half a banana with almond butter

Lunch: Curry chicken salad, deviled eggs, carrot sticks and raspberries

Dinner: Grilled beef burgers, sauteed onions and mushrooms, avocado and sweet potato fries

30 days done… 0 days to go!

(Arms up running through my Whole30 Finish Line)!

No comments:

Post a Comment