Monday, February 25, 2013

Getting Started

Like this blog, this journey is just getting started. It began with a desire to get in shape and look amazing not just for myself but for my husband. (I’m not gonna lie, I’m the type of woman who wants my husband to look at me and think “wow… that’s my wife!”)

But what started as such a simple goal turned into so much more.

What started as a desire for physical fitness has become a spiritual test of sorts… one that I haven’t taken and don’t know the result of.

Which is why this particular blog is one I consider “RAW” – I am putting it all out here. Why? (Because I am crazy I suppose) And because to some degree this is my odd way of holding myself accountable, a way of journaling, a way of keeping a record of my successes (and what I am sure will be some failures as well), something I can look back at to help encourage me on future journeys and hopefully, if it goes well, a way to encourage others along theirs.

I won’t get into too much detail on this introductory post, except to give you the brief outline of what you are about to take part in should you choose to read this blog:

I am one of the least healthy eaters you will probably ever know.

I have two children who I want to teach to be healthy eaters.

I want to be in shape and looking G-O-O-D.

Exercise is good, but all the exercise in the world ain’t gonna fix a diet that considers “lettuce on a Big Mac” a serving of veggies for the day.

I read “It Starts with Food” per a fellow bloggers recommendation.

I prayed as I read all about the “Whole 30” in the “It Starts with Food” book (and I secretly, desperately hoped that this was NOT the path I needed to take).

And here’s where the journey got real… and fast.

I sat in the bathroom with my toddler one day and read her this scripture that I hung on the bathroom wall: “you were bought at a price, therefore honor God with your body.”

And so, like I said, what started as a journey to simply get in shape physically has become more than that.

I’ll explain in more detail in posts to come. But my Whole 30 starts this Friday. I’ll get you up to speed and then we’ll dive in and you can come along on what I expect to be a very bumpy, but rewarding journey.

Welcome to “Wholly Journey”!  

 

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to follow along on this journey with you......and possibly take the challenge myself! Goodness knows I need some serious help in my eating habits! I loved your comment about the lettuce on a Big Mac being a serving of veggies----that is SO my way of thinking! So, good for you for taking the plunge! Hopefully it will inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete