Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Last Suppers (& snacks & lunches & desserts)

We knew it was coming. And perhaps that was the worst thing for us (at least it was for me). The Whole30 book says START RIGHT NOW. And now I know why. Because if you give yourself enough time… you’ll party hard until it’s time to start.

To be honest I could not have started “Right Now” with two babies, a husband and absolutely NO CLUE about what “whole foods” really even are.

But I did know that this would be a drastic shift for me. I knew it would be like a drug addict going to rehab. I know there will be serious withdrawal and emotional highs and lows as I break the dependence on foods that I have developed over the past 29 years. So despite some of my “partying” in some ways I have been slowly preparing my body in others.

Here are just SOME of our “lasts” that we are indulging in before we begin our Whole30:

February 2013 114February 2013 115February 2013 116

Today I had my last Big Mac – I feel like I am moving away from home. I feel like I have had to say good-bye to a friend that I know I might visit again someday, but also might never see again. It is kinda pathetic really – but again, just goes to show how food can really be emotional and psychological. (I told you I was gonna be H-O-N-E-S-T in this blog – can’t say I didn’t warn you).

Other lasts not in photo:

Pasta & meatballs

Pizza

Fried Chicken

Reese’s Peanut Butter cups

Cheerwine (although I will be honest and proudly say that one thing I have already started weaning myself of is soda – I even had tea today with my Big Mac instead of soda… I know it ain’t much, but it’s SOMETHING that I am hopeful will make my first week or two a little less painful).

I am sure there are other things, but I can’t really think of any so this will have to give you a good enough picture of what our last week looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment