Friday, March 15, 2013

A Whole30 workout is NOT the same!

II think it is probably an important observation/reflection to share that my workout (1st one in a WHILE) and definitely first one since starting my Whole30 is unlike any workout I have had before. Ever.

I have always targeted certain muscle groups and hoped to “feel it” a day later – only to be disappointed and only feel the soreness in the regular places. Those “hard to get” areas never seemed to get sore or worked.

Enter Day 14 (the day after my 1st Whole30 workout). I am telling you that EVERY muscle that I worked is currently sore. Sorry to get graphic here – but my butt cheeks are even sore. I know there ARE muscles there – I just had given up hope that mine would ever be reached again.

I have no idea if this is due to the Whole30 or only to the fact that I have  not truly worked out/trained in SO LONG, or both – but I have a feeling that the Whole30 has contributed to my bodies ability to zone in on specific areas and get them trained/worked more efficiently.

Honestly, it is AMAZING how much and how far reaching the food we eat can go. I had NO IDEA that what I ate would result in better “performance” in my activity and training/workouts… surprise for me!

It’s an amazing feeling I have right now. I am rocking this Whole30 (with 2 babies and a husband who stopped after week 1). I am working out again and FEELING the results in the areas I want to SEE results in down the line. I am feeling and seeing some of the results of the Whole30 already with increased energy and seemingly less body fat. I am accomplishing goals – small goals, but with each one accomplished I get closer to achieving my ultimate goal. Even if I stopped the Whole30 today (which I am not) I would be a changed person.

A sore, but changed person. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment