Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Workout Done!

As I said in the beginning… this blog is as much about holding myself accountable as it is sharing my journey with others.

Part of that is putting out there my goals – so that I can let you know if I accomplished them or not. Somehow, knowing that I “have to” check-in about them eventually makes me more motivated to get it done.

In a previous post I told you that I came up short in my workout goals for Week 2 of my Whole30. This week I intend to now only achieve my goals but to add 2 outdoor walks  as well.

I just wanted to let you know that I did my workout today. Just finished up, in fact. (Yes, I know, it is 3pm EST – the middle of the day, but that is when my two kids are asleep and unless I wake up at 5am (which I AM considering, just not today) then this is my time to workout.)

I will tell you that today’s workout was a LOT better than last week’s. I was not out of breath nearly as quickly (last time I was out of breath before the end of the warm-up). I got in more reps and I felt good but tired at the end, which means I pushed myself as much as I could.

So, I am eager for the post-workout tightness and soreness (it is an oddly good feeling) and in the meantime I am getting ready to head to the kitchen for workout number 2 (well, not really, but cutting this rutabaga in half is definitely LIKE a workout).

1 workout down, 2 to go for this week (and 2 outdoor walks). If I can do this – so can you! What are you waiting for??

No comments:

Post a Comment