Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 10

Today was an okay day. Nothing great or bad about the day – just seemed like a typical day to me. Which, I suppose in it’s own way is a good thing. Not feeling like I am doing without things I want makes this Whole30 more do-able than I thought it would be.

We went to church this morning where our morning fellowship time before Sunday School begins revolves around food. I had some opportunities to share how my Whole30 is going and what the best and worst parts are. Here is what I said: The Best part is how well it is going so far – even though I haven’t seen any quantifiable results, I feel good about it and just in general I feel “better”. The Worst part is all the work in the kitchen; more cooking and more cleaning and it seems to never end.

Since our after-church routine is on a somewhat tight schedule I have done slow-cooker lunches that I put on first thing Sunday morning and are ready for us when we get home. This has worked out beautifully. I will have to figure out another plan for when it is hot out and we won’t want “chili” or some other warm-food. But for now it works great!

And I am thankful that last night was a grilled meal, because that means my husband cooked it! Yay.

Here is my menu for Day 10:

Breakfast: Egg Souffle with turkey sausage crumble, sauteed spinach and almonds

Lunch: Slow-cooker Chicken Chili with avocado

Dinner: Grilled steak, grilled zucchini & squash drizzled with olive oil and sea salt

20 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment