Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 11

Today was a good day. There hasn’t been much excitement in the way of my Whole30. At this point I am just following the rules of the Whole30 and waiting to see results. When they come, believe me I will be sharing them, but to be 100% honest, I am in a waiting/holding pattern for now – this is the part where I can see how it would be easy to just quit. You seem to be doing all this work, putting in the effort, and like most diets, you seem to have already hit a plateau… but I am holding on because I do believe the awesome results that the Whole30 predicts will come… they say the big stuff starts happening around Day 15 through the end of your Whole30… so, I am gonna keep going strong.

I begin working out (at home) this week. It’s not that I live a sedentary lifestyle now. I mean, I have PLENTY of activity each day with my toddler and 4-month old, in fact, I feel like I don’t sit still at all. But I need some concentrated, purposeful effort to work on specific areas of my body, especially my core, since that is where a majority of the rest of my strength will come from. And since one of the things that may be due to my new eating habits is that I am able to wake-up in the morning easier, I plan to take advantage of that quiet time in the morning, wake-up EVEN EARLIER and get in some workouts each week. So… in the name of all things Wholly… this week my goal is to workout 3 times/days. Today was not one of them.

Also, worthy to note (in my humble opinion) that there are blueberry & banana nut muffins on my counter as well as dark chocolate covered blueberries in my pantry (a disadvantage of having other family members not on the Whole30 is that REAL food comes back into the house and really tests your resolve). Not only have I not touched any of it… but I really haven’t even been tempted. This is note-worthy because it means that the Whole30 IS working (despite not really FEELING or SEEING any big results) my relationship with food is changing. I no longer NEED any foods. Hooray for progress in the right direction!

So – that is the update for Day 11. See you tomorrow… less than 20 to go now!

Day 11 Menu:

Breakfast: Egg & Turkey sausage crumble souffle, left-over steamed carrots and a few blackberries and almonds.

Lunch: Left-over Pecan crusted chicken and grilled steak, zucchini and squash.

Dinner: Slow-cooker Ribs, onions, celery and carrots with curry seasoning, sauteed green beans & tomatoes in garlic and olive oil and a baked sweet potato with almond butter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment