Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 20

Day 20 was a good day.

I found an awesome Sour Cream recipe (Whole30 & Paleo friendly).

I enjoyed some yummy left-overs at lunch and saw a very positive change in my toddler!

I also almost yakked at the sight of a McDonald’s commercial. That is no exaggeration. And believe it or not… the thing that turned my stomach the worst… the sight of one of the BUNS on their McChicken sandwich. Not the meat-like product in between or the sauce. THE BUN.

When the commercial came on – my brain started to panic initially: “Oh my gosh, I am doing so good – this commercial could send me spiraling out of cravings control and really test me – look away. LOOK AWAY!”

But I didn’t look away. And now I am glad I didn’t. Because look at what progress I made! Not only did I not feel tempted, but I felt disgusted and sick to my stomach at the mere thought of trying a BUN, let alone the Big Mac and fries I used to have two or three times a week!

So yea, Day 20. Good.

Here was my Day 20 Menu:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and left-over mashed rutabaga

Lunch: Left-over slow cooker roast chicken with gravy and mashed rutabaga

Dinner: Taco “Salad” – I made Once a Month Mom’s Taco Shells again and this time they held together pretty good! I messed with the recipe a bit too in order to make them a little less like an almond butter cookie and more savory like a taco shell (more on that recipe coming soon). Then we topped our shells with chopped spinach, diced tomatoes, “taco” beef, avocado and Paleo Sour Cream. It was a VERY good meal (in my opinion). My husband missed the tortillas and wanted salsa (salsa is very easy to make in Paleo version)… tortillas not so much. But for those of you doing this in a home where others are not – THIS is a GREAT way to cook a dinner without needing to do any extra steps. (Well, except throwing the tortillas on the table for the Non-Whole30 participants).

And so, that was Day 20. 10 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment