Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 24: Energy to be a Fun Mommy

This was another Sunday where I was grateful for all the extra energy I have thanks to my new healthy diet.

I had Nursery duty at church, a house to clean, dinner to prepare, exercise to do, and children to take outside to enjoy the brief warm-up in our weather.

The weather/rain finally cleared up and the sun came out – and along with it the warmth of Spring (it was 80 degrees here by mid-afternoon!).

So today was jam packed of all the outdoor activity we could cram in between church, nap, dinner and bed! It was really great to get outside and enjoy it with the kiddos. Of course, having all the extra energy I have these days – I was a lot more fun than usual. I ran around with my daughter, pushed her on the swing, decided to take her for a tricycle ride, kick the soccer ball around… in general – I was a fun play-pal outside, not just a sedentary supervisor! (Yay Mommy!!)

Food was the easy part today – here is the Day 24 menu:

Breakfast: Left-over stuffed pepper with banana & almond butter

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and a cucumber and tomato salad

Dinner: Grilled steak & asparagus

(See how I switched around the Breakfast & Lunch “typical” meals there… and it was good too! Funny how that works when you let yourself eat outside the box).

So 24 down… 6 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment