Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello. Tigers Blood? Is that you?

I have never experienced the phenomena of “Tigers Blood” (an unrealistic amount of energy that you have because your body is working mega-efficiently) but if I had to imagine what it was… I would say today I am starting to be introduced to it.

And it ain’t too bad either, let me tell ya what!

Today has already been a LONG day.

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I woke up WAY earlier than planned (about 4:50am). But I couldn’t immediately get back to sleep (despite trying) and I felt pretty awake anyway so I just went ahead and started my day. I was showered, ready for the day and in the kitchen to cook breakfast before 6:00. In a way, it kind of felt good! (Alone. Quiet. Able to eat a bite of food (let alone an entire meal) without having to spoon or fork food into someone else’s mouth while I chew. Yes… it felt good, indeed).

I am in charge of a new ministry at church that I had to do today so I had to have my kids, up, fed, dressed and out the door by 9:15. We were ready to go AND had time to Skype with my mom! Efficient AND energetic… loving it!

Then it was setting up the event, leading it (with 15 children ranging in age from 1 month to 13 years old) and cleaning it up. Getting my kids home, fed lunch and to their beds for naptime. Again, done.

By this point on a non-Whole30 day I would have needed 2-liters of Pepsi, some maraschino cherries (because they always make you feel better, right?), a candy bar and probably a Big Mac (because who wants to MAKE lunch after running an event with 15 children?). I also would have taken my Pepsi, cherries and candy to the couch where I would lay down, eat up and then nap until someone else woke up.

Not today.

Today I went to the van to empty out the left-over supplies from the morning’s event. I put together an Excel Spreadsheet of what was used, what was left, how many came, our expenditures, etc. for the ministry and emailed them off.

I printed out a Return Shipping Label for a return item I have to send back to Amazon (not that you really needed to know that – but I had so much energy that I decided to even do THIS instead of nap… so you KNOW the energy was flowing.

I did a bunch more things on my To Do list… and then, get this, I still had not only ENERGY but creative juices flowing enough that I FINALLY decided to re-design and move my personal blog to a new space. And yes, that is done now too.

Now I should have about 15-30 more minutes of napping children… and I have no idea what to do with myself. But I know I won’t be napping..

So, the point of all this is, I don’t know exactly what Tigers Blood is, but I have a feeling this might be it.

Yay for progress. Bigger Yay for results!

See you later for my full Day 14 recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment