Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 4 done!

This post is a little late… but here goes.

After getting over the initial dizziness and nausea from the morning on Day 4 the rest of the day went well. My kid ate well, I ate well, my husband even texted me to say he ENJOYED his lunch (given the last few meals and his struggle to swallow veggies – this was GOOD news).

I never did feel like killing anyone – so that’s good.

I took time while the kids napped to prepare our next week’s Whole30 menu and grocery list and I must admit that it was MUCH easier and faster than the preparation for my first week. After a while things just become more natural.

I was ready for bed earlier than usual… around 8:30 and in fact, so was my toddler. I am not sure it this is because of our food change or because we had company, but either way, we all headed to bed earlier than usual.

I find that I am waking up at about 3am every morning since Day 2 of  the Whole30 and that is unusual for me. I typically sleep until my toddler makes a little noise at 4:00ish and then fall back asleep until the alarm goes off. (At which point I promptly shut it off and lay back down praying to not fall all the way back to sleep so I can get up in a few “more” minutes). I don’t know if it is because I have been up every 30 minutes or so that I am able to get up as soon as my alarm goes off now, or if it is because my body is getting better and more energized from the proper food choices… time will tell – but just know, that getting up when the alarm goes off… the first time… is happening.

The only other two changes I really notice are my… there’s no real nice way to say this… my bowel movements are different. More frequent, a little more regular/predictable and definitely different product. (Sorry, but if you’re here… you kind of asked.) And my acne has actually gotten WORSE. I imagine really that this is just toxins working their way OUT of my body… so stand by for an update on that later in this journey – but again, full disclosure… there ya go.

Here was today’s menu:

Breakfast: Breakfast mix of eggs, broccoli and mushrooms with a left over piece of meatloaf and a few almonds for extra calories for my breastfeeding.

Lunch: 3 Left-over turkey meatballs over a spinach & lettuce salad with tomatoes, sliced almonds, kalamata olives, a whole avocado and oil & red wine vinegar dressing. I had half a banana with almond butter and coconut flakes as well.

Dinner: Slow-Cooker Italian Chicken & Veggies: 4 chicken breasts, 2 zucchini & 2 squash sliced into thick pieces, 2 handfuls of green cabbage, lots of baby carrots, enough water to cover the bottom of the slow cooker and then about 1/3 cup of organic chicken stock. I put about 2 tbsp of Italian herbs/seasoning and salt/pepper to taste in 3 hours after starting the slow cooker (you can add them at the beginning too – truthfully I just forgot). Cooked on Low for 6 hours.

Day 4 done.

No comments:

Post a Comment