Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 17–Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I don’t drink anyway, so there wasn’t a bunch that I missed from St. Patrick’s Day. That being said, I do enjoy some good Publix soda bread and any holiday is a good excuse for a Publix cupcake (which without the Whole30 I would have totally taken advantage of).

But honestly, I didn’t really MISS those things, I just know that I would have had them if I wasn’t on the Whole30.

Since it was Sunday, we were at church, and this particular Sunday I was volunteering in the young walkers/babies class (1-2 year olds who walk well). Normally, I have to dig DEEP to muster enough energy to keep these kids busy and having fun, but today… I was so full of energy I am sure a few of the other volunteers were wondering how many Red Bulls I had for breakfast! (If only they knew it was my healthy diet… HA!)

I certainly didn’t NEED it, but I had planned the last three days so that Sunday afternoon would be free… for a NAP! I love to nap every once in a while. I haven’t had a nap in months – because of babies, but for my Birthday I decided I wanted a nice afternoon nap, so I took one.

When I woke up I actually FELT GREAT! (Normally after a nap I always feel like I am worse than when I started. And I almost ALWAYS had a headache, but this nap was actually refreshing and I woke up feeling it!).

Then I got dinner made and that wrapped up the weekend! I realized that I only have ONE MORE SUNDAY to go on my Whole30! Wholly cow… we are nearing the end already!

Here is Day 17’s Menu:

Breakfast: Eggs, sweet potato, turkey sausage crumble, pecans

Lunch: Left-overs: grouper cheek, steak, green beans and roasted veggies

Dinner: Beef burgers, sauteed onions and mushrooms, steamed broccoli and avocado (I have made this once before and it was SO good – it is definitely my favorite meal so far).

17 down. 13 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment