Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 25

Today was a Monday.

Monday’s are not my favorite days of the week.

With that being said, today wasn’t too bad. We ran a couple of errands and then came home for lunch (which I must say was the most creative job I have done scraping together what leftovers we had and adding in some veggies on hand to complete the meal).

But like I have been saying, the longer you do this, the easier “throwing things together” gets.

I also experimented with some spices that aren’t typically used around here for dinner tonight and I was VERY pleased (see my “Foil Fish” post coming soon for the details!)

I did not work out today – although I had planned to start running this week – I think I may hold off until the weather warms up a bit more. I hate running in the cold. I can do it if my training requires it, but I would much rather run in hot, humid weather (it’s how I grew up and what I am used to) (call me weird, I know) but the point is – it is still very cold and very dry and I would rather not set myself up to fail from the start. So I will give it a week to warm up (and pray that it actually does).

Of course, please don’t hold this post against me in two months when I am missing and begging for the cold to come back. It’s Florida… we have two temperatures: COLD and HOT – there is no in between!

On to the important stuff – today’s Menu:

Breakfast: Turkey breakfast sausage, pineapple, blackberries, cucumbers with salt & pepper (I am so glad that the turkey sausage is FINALLY gone – I was getting sick of it, but it is a really easy thing to just scoop out and heat up – and with two babies, easy beats yummy sometimes).

Lunch: Half of a grilled steak, pecans, grilled asparagus, raw carrots and blackberries

Dinner: Foil Fish (tilapia, tomatoes, squash & zucchini) plus half a banana with almond butter.

25 days down… 5 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment