Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 29: I can see the light!

Perhaps “I can see the light” is not the best phrase, because it implies that I have been in the dark, and that is not true. The point I am trying to make is I can see the other end of the tunnel, I am almost through this part of my journey. It is almost over. I can hardly believe it.

And like the book said, I am almost scared to venture out into the real world in 2 days (on Day 31 or day 1 or whatever you want to call it). I have spent so much time and effort and energy doing this last 30 days perfectly and by the book, to veer away from this specific plan is scary. Not because I am afraid I will go back to my old ways (they are now dead and gone) but because I liked the safety, the security the surety of the laid out, rigid plan of the Whole30. Going off the Whole30 is like taking the training wheels off a bike that you just learned to ride. You’re afraid of falling. Afraid of failing. Afraid that you won’t succeed without your training wheels.

On the flip side of that coin, however, is the confidence I have because I made it (almost) through the Whole30. I did it right. I did not cheat (ever). I feel better, I look better and in general… I. Did. It. That’s the best and biggest accomplishment of it all – I did it. I am usually my own worst enemy, but this time I succeeded in spite of myself. If I can do this – I can go forward and succeed too. (I hope).

Day 29 was flooded with thoughts like these. It is becoming a bitter-sweet ending to a challenging but wonderful 30 days.

I also spent a good portion of my morning looking for a good quality, organic dark chocolate.

Why? Because after 30 days, the one thing I would like most to indulge in on Day 31 is some chocolate.

Okay, what I ACTUALLY wanted was dark chocolate almond bark – but I could not find it. ANYWHERE!?! I was distressed. But I decided that I could make my own. Thus the hunt for dark chocolate and tomorrow I will get to making my very OWN almond bark. Boom.

So those are the major parts of Day 29 and here is the menu:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, left-over cauliflower and broccoli

Lunch: Left-over tuna with celery, raw carrots, left-over cauliflower mash and grapes

Dinner: Chicken Cutlets, mashed rutabaga and steamed brussels sprouts and carrots

(I have included some starchy items for our guests, but even with that – some of our guests have shared that their “systems” are feeling a difference with only a couple days of eating healthIER (imagine what a complete Whole30 could do for them??).

29 days down. ONE to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment