Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Return of the Muffin [top]!?!!

So by about the middle to end of my 2nd week of my Whole30 I started to actually SEE some slight/minor improvements in my physique. Most notably my muffin top was starting to shrink. Suddenly, I could sport my yoga pants with a cute not-too-tight, but knit shirt.

Fast forward to Day 19 and it is like I have ballooned back to my previous self.

I have no idea what happened or what I did.

But let’s just say that the same outfit (yoga pants and cute colorful knit shirt) now looks just as hideous on me as it did before my Whole30 began!

I am not going to lie. I am disappointed. I am trying to figure out where I have gone wrong. I have been as faithful to the Whole30 plan as I can be (and as my budget will allow- aka, I am not buying grass-fed/grass-finished beef or Organic produce) and although I am not working out consistently yet, I am doing more than I had before the Whole30.

So what gives?

I don’t yet know the answer for certain, but here are a couple guesses:

1. The change that I saw was simply the swelling and excess water-weight/fluids that were built up being flushed out of my system and now a healthy, but still unfortunately visible amount has returned.

Or 2. The introduction of fruit. (Fresh fruit, but still fruit). Even though I am talking LIMITED amounts – a couple bananas a week, and a couple handfuls of berries a week. Still, it is ONE difference between then and now. Between muffin top and no muffin top. Maybe my body just wasn’t quite ready to figure out the difference between the cheap sugars I used to eat and the good sugars that come in fruit… I guess I need to cut all the fruit out again until the end of my Whole30 just in case! 

Internally I still FEEL good. My energy is still up and I feel healthier. My mind is a little clearer. In general there have been more successes than disappointments… but man. This disappointment just stinks.

So in the name of full-disclosure and transparency – that’s where I’m at. Anyone out there have this happen to them during their Whole30???

No comments:

Post a Comment