Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 13

The rest of the day post-workout was very good.

Today I felt “lighter” than I have. There really is no other way to explain the feeling other than to say “lighter”. Not thinner. Not less weight necessarily. Just lighter.

Despite my careful menu planning for this week, for some reason I haven’t followed it well. I am waking up earlier to just cook what I want (easier to do when I am the only one I am cooking for) and I am just pulling together lunches from left-overs or salads and dinners I piece together with what I have that needs to be used.

Last night I had ground turkey that I had originally taken out for sausage crumble, but hadn’t made it and the turkey needed to be used because it had finally thawed. So… I decided to take another stab at making a meatloaf. This was one of the first meals I made on the Whole30 and it was a bit dry. Tonight’s was MUCH better! I also just grabbed two veggies that I knew all parties (hubby & daughter) would like and steamed & sauteed those. Voila, a perfectly yummy, Whole30 dinner without much planning at all.

I guess I am getting better and more natural at this, after all!

Other than the lack of meal-preparation and feeling “lighter” there is really nothing to report. So here is the Day 13 Menu:

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, grapes, sweet potato with almond butter

Lunch: Left-over slow cooker ribs with onions and carrots, and a heaping bowl of left-over green beans & tomatoes with garlic.

Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, steamed cauliflower and sauteed spinach with garlic

17 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment