Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 12: Wedding Rings, Energy and Almond Flour “Tortillas”

Today was another good day. It was a busy day. It was one of those days when I likely would have gone to McDonalds. Twice. Once, just because we drive by on the way to my doctor’s office and it just makes no sense not to stop and grab a hash brown and coke to make it a “better” morning, and then since we got home so late and it was a busy morning I would have had a good excuse for going to McDonald’s for lunch too… because I just didn’t have it left in me after my morning in the doctor’s office with two kids to prepare lunch.

The thing is. I DID have it in me. And honestly I didn’t even WANT to stop at McDonald’s. I actually had a moment of “I’m FREE!” as I approached the McDonald’s and thought, “I don’t need you any more.” That, right there, folks, is a victory. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Not only that, but I should be ashamed to say that my daughter used to ALWAYS say/ask for “Fries? Fries! Fries??!” when she would spot those Golden Arches… but today… nothing. It was like she had won her own little victory too! Yay!

On top of those victories, there was my consistent/stable level of energy. ALL. DAY.

Today I should have felt exhausted by the kids’ naptimes. It was a stressful morning and I had been on “go” since 5:40. Instead, by the time the kids fell asleep for their nap I was still feeling good and energized. I wouldn’t categorize it as “Tiger’s Blood” because I don’t feel like I have an overwhelming amount of energy, but the energy I do have is consistent and stable throughout the entire day. THAT is really nice! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what Tiger’s Blood is, because this change is already pretty good!

And… then there was my wedding rings. All day I kept looking down to find that my rings had twisted around and I was constantly having to re-position them to where they are supposed to be. I couldn’t figure out why it was happening… until I realized that my fingers are thinner. To be honest, I wouldn’t say that they are “thinner” so much as they probably just aren’t swollen any more from a diet full of sodium, salt, sugar, etc., but either way, they are thinner. It isn’t much, but it is something that I can actually SEE, feel, and record as a PHYSICAL change. Progress is progress, people and I will be happy with what I get.

So that was Day 12. I tried out a new recipe at dinner – check the details out below.

Day 12 Menu:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, spinach, mushrooms (this was not enough, I needed more fat than the olive oil I cooked in and probably more protein because I was hungry about an hour before lunch).

Lunch: Spinach & Butter lettuce salad with tomatoes, boiled eggs, kalamata olives, carrots, avocado and red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing.

Dinner: Ground beef & onions with Mexican seasonings (cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, hot pepper flakes), topped with chopped (raw) spinach, tomatoes and avocado served on a Almond Flour “tortilla” shell.

The Almond Flour “Tortilla” shell was the new recipe I tried. It is almond flour, ghee, salt and an egg. You can make it into any “shape” but I chose to make shells with a muffin tin. It came out a bit too grainy and crumbled when I tried to take the shell out of the tin, so I am going to have to keep experimenting before I share the recipe & directions here for you to try. BUT, they were DELICIOUS! Here is a photo of the ones I made today – stay tuned, I’ll be working to perfect these because if I get it right, they will be very versatile (think desserts, “pie” crust, cookie base, etc.)

Landon's First Baby Food 182Landon's First Baby Food 183Landon's First Baby Food 186Landon's First Baby Food 187

18 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment