Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 7/Week One: Done!

I am proud to say that I made it through my first milestone – Week One! I honestly wasn’t sure I would get through Days 1-3 before I started, but God has been gracious and has allowed this first week to be a success and has kept most (if not all) the bad side-effects at bay.

With the exception of feeling extra tired, I think today went well. I really enjoyed my dinner, which as you will see below is a very untraditional way of having a normally very traditional American dish.

I hope my hubby will pull through and continue on this journey with me, but, if not, I will just have to persevere and figure it out! It can be done and I am eager to prove to myself that I can do it.

Today’s Menu:

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage crumble with spinach and half an avocado.

Lunch: Left over turkey meatloaf, 1/2 grilled chicken breast, left-over roasted veggies and half a banana with almond butter.

Dinner: Organic Ground beef Burger patty with avocado, and sauteed onions & mushrooms (it was SO good, I think this was my favorite meal so far!), served with homemade sweet potato fries (also, yum!).

Today’s dinner was by far and away my favorite. In fact, having tried it this way, I can say that in the future I totally can see me eating a burger WITHOUT the bun, ketchup and other unhealthy add-ons! It was THAT good!

Ahhh, progress! I love it.

I am feeling good about myself today. Not because I see any physical changes (in fact, if I had to place a bet I would say I have lost either no weight or 1-2 pounds at most), my skin still has acne, and I am tired, but I made it! I brought myself AND my family through week 1 successfully and I am eager and excited to see what the pay-offs will be in 23 days!

Tomorrow starts Week 2/Day 8 of this Whole30 – see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment