Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 2: Not as bad as they say…

I really probably should not even say this, but today was not as bad as they say it will be. In fact, it really wasn’t bad at all. Today, the only side effects I seemed to have from the Whole30 were being more full than I am used to (perhaps even too full) because I would get something of a tummy ache afterwards (with the exception of dinner when I pulled back a little), and at 7:00 I felt like I had downed 4 doses of Benadryl (I was suddenly VERY tired – could have fallen asleep while feeding the baby, but didn’t, obviously). In fact, even sitting here writing this I am feeling very sleepy – I believe there is an early bedtime in my future.

Here is an overview of today’s meals:

Breakfast: Breakfast Mix with eggs, broccoli and mushrooms and a piece of leftover meatloaf.

Lunch: Salad made with butter lettuce, cabbage, spinach, and topped with tomatoes, carrots, olives, avocado and 3 turkey meatballs.

Dinner: Grilled shrimp, grilled asparagus, cauliflower “fried rice” (the cauliflower IS the rice) and half a grilled pear with cinnamon.

I did not snack at all today – again, a victory.

The only REAL craving I had was for cookies to have tonight while we sit by a fire (because it is SO cold outside) – and sitting by the fire just invites the opportunity for enjoying nice warm chocolate chip cookies – but again, time to break those habits. Not that we can NEVER enjoy cookies by a fire again, but I need to not NEED the cookies in order to enjoy the fire (see the difference?).

So – Day 2 is done.

(I gotta tell you, because today was so easy I am VERY concerned about what I will feel like tomorrow…holding my breath).

No comments:

Post a Comment